Tuesday, December 6, 2011

7 days

In 7 days I will be completely and official graduated from BYU College of Nursing! Can you believe it? After 4.5 years of undergraduate education, I will be all done. And when I say done, I mean DONE DONE. No more classes, no more homework, no more unpaid slave work...I mean clinicals, DONE! And it doesn't stop there. No more student means no more job. So, in just 7 days, I will go from 9 hours of class, 15 hours of work, 24 hours of clinical and roughly 6-10 hours of homework each week to.....no class, no work, no clinical, and no homework. Needless to say, I need some hobbies. Since school is wrapping up, I have very little to do. Alex, on the other hand, has A LOT to do. Tests, homework, study, work...the list goes on. After just two days of very little to do, I'm already bored...So here's my new plan:
  • 1-3 hours of NCLEX prep study each day (my goal is 100 questions per day starting next Thursday through the time I take my test. If I can average 600 questions per week, I will complete 4200 NCLEX practice questions before I take my exam!)
  • Set up a daily workout schedule 
  • Temple every Tuesday morning
  • Blogging every Sunday afternoon 
  • Register for an Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) class
  • Learn Spanish 
  • Do our taxes (I'm serious...and very excited about it)
  • Go to Sister Black's Church History lectures (Yes, I will be sneaking in. BUT, 4.5 years of tuition has to give me some benefits, right?)
  • Become a Family History Guru! (To contribute to my temple trips each week)
  • Organize my recipes
  • Volunteer at a hospital
  • Actually do some of the things I've pinned on my DIY pinterest board. 
  • Look for a new, sparkly place to live come April 
  • AND plan our 1 year anniversary :) 
After a very long 17.5 years of education (plus preschool, if you do that sort of thing), I am done for a while. Who's to say how long, just a while. Next step, job hunting! I am still hopeful for a job at Timpanogos Emergency but that would require someone to quit, die or give up their job for me....none of which I see happening soon. Hopefully something will work out. Until then, I will enjoy my first break in 17.5 years. 

No comments:

Post a Comment