Sunday, June 10, 2012

He's Home!!

Alex spent the last 2 weeks in China touring all the cool cities and transportation systems up and down the coast. But now, HE'S FINALLY HOME!! We've figured out that over the past 16 months (almost) of marriage, Alex and I have spent nearly 2 months apart!! Between my trip to Taiwan last year, and his two weeks in China and various other little trips, 2 months it is...much more than most newly weds. Plus, if you add all the night shifts plus late nights/early morning studying/clinicals/tests, there have been too many other nights where one of us fell asleep without the other home or left the house before the other even woke up. Needless to say, we are hoping to change that over the next...rest of our life :) We have agreed to only go on cool vacations together now! Our future (unscheduled) plans include trips to China (again), Europe, Hawaii, Caribbean (again) and much more!!

While Alex was gone, I went home to visit my parents and all the kitties :)


And, every Thursday I babysit our friends' cute little girl Emma. See? Isn't she darling?!


After my trip home to see my family, I came home to this on the bed :) This is what Alex left me before he left for China!


Now he's home and I couldn't be happier!! We have spent the last two days taking naps, watching movies, and just spending all of our time together. We will get back to real life this week. I'm so happy we have no plans for extended separation again :)

No comments:

Post a Comment